Thursday, 23 October 2014

Retrieval

The retrieval finally happened!  I know I said it would be mid-October or something like that, but things kept getting pushed back, plus my donor is a really slow stimmer so went 14 days before trigger.  I have been very anxious the past few days.  Yesterday morning when I woke up, I felt so awful I actually threw up, and this is just from bad nerves.  I don't know how I am going to get through the next few weeks.  The good news is that everything went fine for the retrieval, and they got 18 eggs from our donor.  (They weren't going to tell me, but I requested that they let me know).  Is our baby in there somewhere, I hope?  They will let me know the fertilization report tomorrow.  I hope that goes well.  Last time I had 17 eggs and then at the end it was a failure, so I hope this time, with a different donor, the eggs are better quality and it all goes ok, right up to day 5.  So far so good, though!

2 comments: