Thursday, 30 October 2014

2dp5dt

I got a call from the clinic that I have 4 frozen embryos, so one more made it to blast on Day 6.  I don't know what the quality is, but at least they were all good enough to freeze, so that is something.  I took yesterday off from work and rested at home.  I also worked on my report cards and got a whole lot done, so it worked out really well.  I don't think I would be able to have them done on time if I didn't have that time yesterday to work on them. 
I don't feel many symptoms.  My RE has suggested that I alternate PIO (Progesterone in Oil) injections and progesterone suppositories, so I am a little concerned that my body will not register a continuous supply of progesterone coming from different sources.  I hope it doesn't mess up the cycle. 
Other than that, I am supposed to avoid heavy lifting, and I have had to lift Joseph on a couple of occasions, so I hope that is not a problem. 
I feel a lot more relaxed this time, but I wouldn't say I feel very confident it worked, even though the odds are a lot better.  I realized that this is my 6th IVF transfer, and the 10th embryo transferred, and I only have one living child... thus the cynicism.  Imagine if IVF worked 100% of the time - I'd have 4 sets of twins and 2 singletons already!  lol

Things are winding up for Halloween.  We tried on Joseph's costumes, and he was not too pleased with them.  As soon as you go towards him with the costume, he runs away and says "No!  No!..."  Hmmm....   But he did like when we put some furry monster hats on our heads, that amused him a great deal!  We bought a knight costume for him, and a few days later DH's mom showed up with a costume she found in storage from our nephew (who is now 13!  I can't believe they kept this costume from when he was 2) so now he has two to wear this year, apparently.




4 comments:

  1. Awe, his costumes are so cute! Stay hopeful my friend. You got one miracle in your son...you can always get another. CCRM alternates progesterone sources too and it's never an issue. So hopeful to see your BFP soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Sometimes I'm afraid to feel hopeful. That is reassuring that CCRM alternates progesterone sources. I just read somewhere else that her RE doesn't recommend it, so I was wondering if it was a mistake. There is always so much gray area and guess work in this field. Hope everything is going great with you!

      Delete
  2. His costumes are so cute!! I have a good feeling about this cycle for you! I'm really hopeful for you. I'm so happy you have 4 little embies waiting for you too!! What great news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's nice to get good news for once. In my last cycle each phone call was worse than the last one, I was afraid to answer the phone by the end!

      Delete