Saturday, 26 July 2014

Donor triggered

Just got an email that the donor triggered today, so the retrieval will be on Monday, July 28th, and the transfer the following Sunday, August 3rd.  We have decided to do PGS, so it will be a Day 6 transfer.  I have no idea how many follicles she has, I asked the nurse but I'm half expecting that she will reply that she doesn't know.  When we went in the doctor said the retrieval would be on the 29th or the 30th, so I hope everything is ok because now the retrieval is on the 28th.  Is that a good thing?  DH and I started our Doxycyline today, and I start Progesterone on Monday.  I am doing the suppositories.  The last time when I did Progesterone in Oil injections for 3 full months and they were super painful, got to the "end" of the injections and ended up terminating the pregnancy for medical reasons 2 weeks later anyway, so I never, ever want to do those injections again because I know it would bring me back to that horrific time in my life.  The suppositories are messy, but who cares.  I used them for Joseph and it was totally fine.  DH has to go in Monday morning to provide his "sample".  Wow, I can't believe this is starting to move along really fast! 


5 comments:

  1. This is great! Best of luck and deciding when to trigger can be a day by day event. Trigger a day earlier means that the majority of the follicles are mature and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michaela! I just hope that the donor isn't overstimulated. They have not kept me informed at all about the details, so I have no idea how many follicles she has or what is happening. But hopefully it is just good news that the follicles are mature after just 9 days of stims, and all is well. Hope you are doing well with your little sweetie. Looking forward to more updates from you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It really is moving quickly. Hope all goes well with the retrieval and transfer. Glad you don't have to take PIO shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessah. Good luck with your two week wait!

      Delete