Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Glucose 2 hour test - 29 weeks

So I found out that I actually did fail the 1 hour glucose test, though it took them a week and a half to get back to me, so I thought I was in the clear.  I had to redo the test, this time a 2 hour glucose test.  I just did that today.  I'm at 28 weeks now, by the way, almost 29 weeks (in 2 days).  It went fine, except at the 2nd hour mark (my 3rd blood draw) they forgot to call me, and when I went to ask about it the technician said "we already did you", and I was like "no, you didn't".  I had to argue with her and finally she did take my blood, but it was 7 minutes late, so I hope that doesn't matter.  All the other blood draws were exactly on time, so I am a bit pissed that this lady nearly screwed up my test - if I had just sat there in the waiting room they never would have called me at all.  I had already been waiting there for 2 hours and taken a 1/2 day off work, plus I was fasting, so I did not want to have redo the test because they got my paper mixed up and thought they already did it.  They actually took someone else 10 minutes earlier than their listed time, so I'm not sure how exact these time sensitive tests are supposed to be.  I was glad to get out of there.  I hope I pass this one, otherwise I will have to change my diet I guess.  Hopefully they don't lose my results, it was such a mad house there today at the blood lab!  And everyone was so impatient and angry, it was not a good atmosphere. 
I had a terrible dream last night that I delivered 2 babies early, one was way too small and the other one couldn't breath, though I tried to help him.  I woke up so relieved that it was just a dream, it seemed very real.
We bought a car seat and it is sitting in our living room in a box.  I also bought some small diapers on sale.  I wasn't sure which ones to get, there is a lot of variety!  Next month we are starting our prenatal classes at the hospital.  Hopefully I will feel more confident after taking the classes.
I feel a combination of excitement and extreme anxiety these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment