Thursday, 21 June 2012

NT Scan

I had another regular ultrasound on June 5th with not much new except the baby was progressing fine.  That is always a relief.  The first thing I always look for is the heart still beating.  It kind of freaks me out that in the time in between the ultrasounds there is very little to indicate that anything is going on, aside from feeling a bit sick, but that could be my nerves anyway.

Today was the NT scan and after sitting on pins and needles and lots of waiting (that clinic is just torture, they are always so far behind schedule so you literally wait for hours) the results are NORMAL. I know we were expecting this since we did PGS, but the irrational side of me just kept imagining a problem anyway, for whatever reason. The NT measurement was 1.4mm (last time it was 4.7mm) and the heartbeat was 158. We were glad to see the baby appeared to be normal on the ultrasound with a beating heart, 4 little limbs, a normal looking head, etc. So now we just have to wait for the 20 week scan to make sure the organs are really ok, but we feel so much better already to get past this terrible scan that crushed our hopes last time. So that's my update, I am just going to enjoy the rest of my day off, so glad to just go out shopping and get my hair done instead of last time when I spent the rest of the day crying. It was the best possible outcome for today so we can't ask for more than that. Also, we had the part one of the "long" sequential bloodwork done, to combine with the NT measurement. I need to go back in 3 weeks and have another blood test and then they give the results a week later. So it will be a month before getting the blood results, but we are OK with that since the NT was good and we did the PGS. We still don't know the gender of the baby, though it is in our file from the PGS... The doctor said we can call any time and she will tell us so we are leaving it a secret for now.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to read this update!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that all continues to go well for you and that little one :)

    ReplyDelete