Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Third Ultrasound

Today was another ultrasound and the baby is measuring 8 weeks 4 days.  That's still one day behind, but at least that has been consistent each week so far.  The heart is beating strong, the u/s technician assured me.  I think it's at 162, that's what I think I saw on my chart.  Today the doctor said "oh, your sub-chorionic hemmorhage is getting smaller, so that's good".  I was like WTH?  She never mentioned it last time!  But I guess it's good that I wasn't worried about it and it is shrinking now.  I had one last time also and it wasn't a problem in the end, it went away on its own.  My thyroid medication has been increased since my TSH is 3.8 and she wants it under 2.5.  I'm still on the baby aspirin, the Estrace (2mg), and the progesterone (200mg 3x a day).  I think the progesterone is making me so tired, but maybe I would be anyway. 
I can't wait for the first trimester to be over, I feel tired, worried, iritable, hungry and nauseated at the same time.  And I'm very afraid of the NT scan, which she has booked in 3 weeks.  I can't believe I have to go through that again.  I feel like I'm sailing on the Titanic right now, not sure if I should be enjoying the awesome facilities and settling in, or scanning the horizon desperately for signs of icebergs, or worrying about the ones that are out of sight currently but could just as easily rip apart this "sure thing" cruise as it did last time round.  Yes, I am paranoid. 
I asked the doctor about getting an amnio / CVS because I already had this embryo tested by PGS before transferring it.  Will it make sense if I still end up high risk to go ahead with those tests?  She said that they test the same thing that the PGS testing did, but there is a very small chance that they made a mistake in the testing, so if my NT scan and bloodwork come back abnormal we will decide from there.  The amnio also tests for neural tube defects, which the PGS does not cover.  So that is why I am STILL afraid of the NT scan, although in theory it should be ok.  I'm not sure what other non-chromosomal issues could cause an enlarged NT.  I will have to check with Dr. Google, though that can sometimes be scary. 
I'm going back next Tuesday for one more scan at 9w5d, then nothing until the NT scan on June 21st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment