Tuesday, 15 May 2012

First Ultrasound

Today was the big day, I went in for my first ultrasound.  I was pretty nervous that something might be wrong, and that would be pretty evident within the first 5 seconds.  Also, we happened to be sitting in the same chairs where we were waiting to get our NT scan results last time, that were devastating.  I have no idea why we chose to sit down there.  However, the scan today went fine, there was a heart beating at 112 beats per minute, and there was a tiny blob of a baby and a yolksac within the gestational sac.  I took a little video of it to show DH.  We were both relieved that the heart was beating, I have been having a hard time believing all of this was real.  It still feels like a dream and I'm afraid I'll wake up.  Did I already say that?  Well, for today I feel reassured that all is well.  We will check again next week to see what is going on.  Our RE asked if we want a referral to the same OB as last time, the lady we never got to meet since our pregnancy ended one week before our first meeting!  So we are trying again with her, hopefully this time we will get to see her. 

I found out I'm 6 weeks and 5 days today, and measuring just one day behind, which the doctor says is ok.  So my due date should be January 3rd, I think.

Also, my cold seems to have cleared up, thank goodness.  I'm able to sleep almost through the whole night without coughing.  Last night I just coughed a little bit, but I didn't have to sit up to be able to breathe, like I did before, or move to the couch downstairs so DH could sleep. 

And a small update on my last remaining embryo, which is frozen.  The biopsy has apparently JUST been sent to be tested, and the results should be in "soon".  I hope that it is healthy, but the odds are stacked against it.  From the 5 embryos sent last time, only one was healthy (and is still going strong!! yeah!) so I hope the last remaining one will be ok too. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a great first ultrasound! I hope your embryo on ice is a healthy one too!

    ReplyDelete