Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Antagonist protocol started

AF arrived on Thursday late in the evening.  I decided to call Friday Day 1 and go in to the clinic on Day 2.  We got the "other" doctor, but didn't care since we like him better anyway.  It was a good opportunity to ask him if he agreed that the plan for this cycle looked ok.  So we started stims on Saturday since everything looked good.  For my AFC I had 16 follicles on one side and 22 on the other, so that's very good for me.  My estrogen was 52, not sure what that means but the nurse said I was suppressed so we could start the cycle.  My progesterone was 6, which is better than last time when it was 36 to start, and we had to cancel the cycle.  The doctor wants it under 10.  1 or 2 is normal for me, but with the DHEA she says it causes the Progesterone to go up.  But 6 was fine, she said.  I started taking 225iu of Bravelle and 75 iu of Menopur.  Then 2 days later I went in for a check.  That was this morning, Tuesday.  The technician measured 20 follicles between 6 and 9mm.  I'm continuing with the stims.  I go in on Thursday and she said we may do the Cetrotide then, to prevent prematurely ovulating.  I think the stims last for 12 days, then it's the trigger and the retrieval.  I'm excited that things are happening!
I'm taking a lot of supplements and extra vitamins right now.  It's getting to be a lot to manage, but I think it's doing me some good.  Hopefully it helps with improving the egg quality. 

Here's what I'm taking:  (aside from the Bravelle and Menopur)

- DHEA 25mg x 3 per day  (75mg total)
- CoQ10 - 400mg a.m. / 200 mg p.m. (600mg total)
- Synthroid 0.037 mg (1 1/2 pills once a day) - to lower TSH
- Cabergoline 0.25 mg (2 x per week) - to lower prolactin
- Baby Aspirin - 1 pill per day
- Pre-Natal multivitamin
- Folic Acid - 1mg
- Vitamin D - 400 iu (a.m.)
- Vitamin C - 500 mg
- Vitamin E - 200 iu
- Selenium - 50 mcg
- Calcium & Vitamin D - 650mg, 400 iu (p.m.)
- Fish oil - 1.26 g - with Omega 3 - 750 mg, EPA - 375mg, DHA - 250mg x 2 per day
    (total:  Fish oil - 2.52g - with Omega 3 - 1500 mg , EPA - 750 mg, DHA - 500 mg)
- Royal Jelly - 1/4 tsp   (mixed into yogourt)
- Bee Pollen - 1 tsp   (mixed into yogourt)
- Wheat Grass powder - 1 tsp x 2 times a day, mixed with water/ berry juice

Here's what DH is taking:

- FertilAid for Men (multivitamin) x 3 times a day
- Motility Boost x 2 times a day
- CoQ10 - 400 mg
- Fish Oil - 1000 mg - with 180 mg EPA, 120 mg DHA x 2 times per day
  (total:  Fish oil 2g - with EPA - 360 mg , DHA - 240 mg)
- Melatonin - 3 mg (at bedtime)
- L-Arginine - 1mg
- Vitamin C - 500 mg
- Vitamin E - 200 iu
- Royal Jelly - 1/4 tsp (mixed into yogourt)
- Bee Pollen - 1 tsp (mixed into yogourt)
- Maca root powder - 1 tsp per day  (mixed into yogourt)
- Wheat Grass powder- 1 tsp x 2 times a day, mixed with water/ berry juice


Hopefully this stuff will help. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog

    You can improve fertility buy using MotilityBoost for Men .This product increase sperm quality.You can increase sperm motility by MotilityBoost for Men.

    Email- home.check.new@gmail.com
    Call Now! Anu Verma- 011-23357326, 9560506177

    ReplyDelete