Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Feeling calmer

I have been feeling a bit better, especially since I just got back from the dentist, so that is OVER!  I did decide to go through with getting the veneer.  I don't know why, but I get so ANXIOUS about going to the dentist, probably because I have had a lot of terrible procedures done on me already.  I had gum surgery, twice, with skin grafts put in on four different areas.  And 2 root canals, and 1 root canal retreatment.  It has not been a picnic.  And looking up the procedure you are about to have done on the internet is really NOT the thing to do to ease your nerves!  I watched a terrible video about how a veneer is done, more specifically what they have to do to the original tooth to "prepare" it for the veneer, and I can tell you it was NOT reassuring!  But anyway, long story short, I decided to do it anyway, and I did (part 1, the second part is in 2 weeks when they put on the "real" veneer) I have the temporary veneer and DH said it looked pretty good, he thought it was the final tooth.  The real one should look better, but at this point I just want this to be over so as long as it looks ok I don't really care.  Phew!! 

Ok, now I can get back to my infertility-related anxiety!  I don't know what's happening with this cycle, but I HOPE that I'm going to ovulate soon, go on the estrogen patch, and then start my IVF in 2 or 3 weeks!!!!  (What I want and what ACTUALLY happens are usually vastly different)  I will see on Thursday what is going on when I go to the clinic. 
Wow, I can't believe how much better I feel, having this dentist appointment behind me.  I was truly making myself sick over thinking about it constantly, and now I feel like a WEIGHT has been lifted off me!

No comments:

Post a Comment